TAS Waist to Hip Ratio
Your waist to hip ratio is required to under a certain measurement. Click here to view the required waist-hip ratio.
It is your waist measurement divided by your hip measurement. This measurement allows you to see where in your body fat is primarily being stored as this impacts your health and body shape. Measuring your waist-to-hip ratio is an easy way to see how much weight you are carrying around your abdomen as opposed to around your hips.
Those who store most of their body fat around their waist may poses higher health risks, compared with those who have the same amount of body fat stored around their hips and thighs.
How to measure your waist:
- Find the top of your hip bone and the bottom of your ribs.
- Breathe out normally.
- Place the tape measure midway between these points and wrap it around your waist. This is usually between your belly button and below your rib cage.
- Record your measurement.
How to measure your hips:
- Find one of your hips and start the tape measure there.
- Wrap the tape measure around your rear, around the other hip and back to where you started.
- Make sure the tape is over the largest part of your buttocks.
Visit this link to have your waist-hip ratio measured - WAIST TO HIP RATIO CALCULATOR
(This is an external website and is not affiliated with Police Preparation Australia. Remember to consult a medical professional before conducting any physical fitness training program.)